Self-Funding, The Better Way
What is a Self-Funded Health Plan?
With a self-funded health insurance plan, the employer assumes the responsibility and related financial risk for paying plan participants’ health care expenses. These types of self-insured plans are popular with many businesses and organizations in New York as they offer administrators greater control over plan designs and can often reduce overall costs. Learn more about self-insured health insurance options and how Premier can help.
Details of Self-Funding
- The main change from being fully insured is the funding mechanism; a change in benefit levels or administrator is not required
- Administrative costs are fixed and are no longer tied to premium increases
- Your organization holds reserves and claims dollars until payments are needed
- Plan control over plan designs
- Improved cash flow
- Reduce health insurance costs 10-15 percent without compromising plan quality
- Relief from most premium taxes
- Improved access to claims data history
- Exempt from state insurance regulations
- Carrier profit margins are minimized
- Non-negotiable premium increases are eliminated
What Differentiates Premier in the Marketplace?
- Experts in alternative funding mechanisms
- Preferred stop loss rating as a result of our large book of business
- Dedicated Cost Management Department that offers customized programs including:
- Enrollment verification audits
- High claimant medical review
- Out-of-network discount negotiations
- Hospital bill audits
- Specialized wellness programs
- Experts in analyzing medical and prescription drugs claims data and understanding how to utilize predictive modeling and gaps in care analysis
- Experts in negotiating union health plan programs
Our team includes self-insured plan benefit experts who are highly skilled in both employer and employee problem resolution. Our staff has worked “on the other side of the fence” paying claims, auditing, providing case and cost management, managing provider relations and customer service. We understand how claims are adjudicated, paid and denied.
Self-Funded & Stop Loss Health Insurance Consulting
The Premier Consulting team offers the best self-funding and stop loss health insurance consulting services to New York businesses of all sizes. The highly skilled team performs a full range of health care insurance consulting services relating to:
- Plan design
- Employee and vendor communications
- Recommendations regarding current stop loss
- Future benefit plan options
Our goal is to provide you with low-maintenance, cost-effective and creative opportunities to manage your plan to meet the needs of you and your employees.
Click here to learn more about what Premier can do for you.
1416 Sweet Home Road
Suites 5 & 6
Amherst, NY 14228
News & Views
Premier is excited to announce that our client, the Town of Amherst of Amherst NY, is participating in a walking challenge with the Town of Amherst in Nova Scotia, Canada, and the Town of Amherst in New Hampshire. The challenge is to see which Town of Amherst can walk...
Together Everyone Achieves More “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” – Helen Keller Providing an employee wellness program to employees in one school district can be challenging but try offering wellness services to 22 school districts over 200...